Throughout our lifetimes many people touch our lives and leave us with words of wisdom. These can both be a source of new learning and also a point to pause and reflect upon lessons we have learned. Within Lean active learning is an important aspect on this journey because without learning we cannot improve.
These are the top 10 quotes on A Lean Journey website in 2015.
- "Change is hard at the beginning, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end." — Robin Sharma
- "What gets measured gets done." — Mason Haire
- "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." — English Proverb
- "Great leadership usually starts with a willing heart, a positive attitude, and a desire to make a difference." — Mac Anderson
- "A relentless barrage of ‘why’s’ is the best way to prepare your mind to pierce the clouded veil of thinking caused by the status quo. Use it often." — Shigeo Shingo
- "The new idea either finds a champion or dies." — Edward Schon
- "For every person in every organization, there comes a moment when he or she must have the courage to step forward and meet the needs of the time. Regardless of whether your time is now or in the future, you must be prepared and willing to seize that moment as a courageous leader! " — David Cottrell
- "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." — Thomas A. Edison
- "If you’re making decisions, you’re not leading." — Square CEO Jack Dorsey
- "Great organizations demand a high level of commitment by the people involved." — Bill Gates