Here is a map of home improvement tips and the associated savings in an easy to understand visual. This can serve as a good example of the effectiveness of visuals for those office or factory processes you have.
Click for a larger version of "Budgeting: A Visual Guide to How Small Cutbacks Lead to Great Savings"
Created by Infographic World
Personal Finances from Quicken
It is important to note five principles of effective visuals that I use:
1. Simple - Visuals should be concise and functional
2. Organized and compatible - Visuals should have a logical sequence and focus attention
3. Legible and readable - Visuals shoudl be readable to everyone
4. Appropriate graphics - Select graphic elements that enhance communication
5. Consistent - Information should be presented in a consistent and accurate manner
The infographic is a good example of the use of these five principles. Do you use these elements in your visuals? Why not?
Stay connect to A Lean Journey on our Facebook page or LinkedIn group.
Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on Linkedin.
You can also subscribe to this feed or email to stay updated on all posts.