Today we are going to highlight a consulting firm from Tennessee called the Lean Manufacturing Solutions Partnership, Inc (LMSPI). LMSPI seeks to be a Lean manufacturing resource that establishes a lean enterprise within each manufacturing management team. They define a Lean Enterprise as one that aligns the efforts of entire company leadership and staff to focus on executing value add activities.
They have created a newsletter called Breakthrough where their staff can share some proven resources to destroy global manufacturing obstacles. The topics in the newsletter include:
1) A 5 part series on the steps to create breakthrough in your environment.
2) A 3 part series on getting a handle on cost
3) A 3 part series on beginning your lean journey and hoshin
4) A 4 part series on the daily principles of Lean implementation
5) A 6 part series on Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology
The newsletter is short and focused, usually describing a specific topic in a couple of pages. The publication is more a comprehensive overview than a detailed explanation but this can be effective for teaching managers and executives the basics of these concepts.