"The lightning spark of thought generated in the solitary mind awakens its likeness in another mind." — Thomas Carlyle
Are there advantages to working with others? In my personal and business experience, I've found that unleashing the creative power of several minds on a single issue can work miracles. There are many benefits to teaming up for creative problem solving:
- Common Commitment
- Shared Ownership and Responsibility
- Synergy - better decisions
- Effective Delegation
- Better Communication
- Skill Development
- Improved Morale
Teams are effective in supporting learning. You can only use what you remember!!
~10% of what they read
~20% of what they hear
~30% of what they see
~50% of what they see and hear
~70% of what they discuss with others
~90% of what they teach someone else
Teams should be used when you need:
Team work is the force that makes change successful. I always recall this saying "synergy... the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" since it is so applicable to Lean Thinking. The secret is synergy or "Together-Work."
- a mix of skills and shared responsibility
- the workload is such that it cannot be done by any one person and delegation and flexibility is needed.
- different view points, experiences, ideas, opinions, etc. would benefit the work product.
- buy-in, ownership, or commitment is needed for accomplishment of the work, changes, improvements, etc.
Stay connect to A Lean Journey on our Facebook page or LinkedIn group.
Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on Linkedin.
You can also subscribe to this feed or email to stay updated on all posts.