Stay connect to A Lean Journey on our Facebook page or LinkedIn group.
"There are no hopeless situations; there are only men who have grown hopeless about them." — Clare Boothe Luce
The choices you make everyday influence the motivational climate of your company. As a manager you want to create a motivated workplace. It is equally important to know what actions to avoid so you don't de-motivate. Managers and other organizational leaders often make the following crucial mistakes, which lead to low morale and workplace de-motivation:
- Criticizing in front of others
- Being dishonest
- Taking credit for others' work
- Being inaccessible
- Showing favoritism
- Delegating without giving authority, or delegating to the wrong person
- Communicating poorly or failing to communicate at all
- Failing to train employees for job responsibilities
- Exhibiting wishy-washy behavior
- Failing to emphasize teamwork
- Giving the impression that you're concerned only about your own well-being
- Displaying poor personal work habits such as disorganization and procrastination
- Tolerating poor performance
- Over supervising
- Imposing impossible workloads
- Focusing only on negatives
Follow me on Twitter or connect with me on Linkedin.
You can also subscribe to this feed or email to stay updated on all posts.